Thursday, June 06, 2013

Seyreene: history of a character

Seyreene has been in my mind for a very long time now. When I first created her back in september 2000, I was 13 years old and a big fan of animes and mangas such as Sailor Moon, Pokémon (Team Rocket, especially), but also Slayers, Wedding Peach, Fushigi no Umi no Nadia and many others. There weren't too much series available in Germany at that time... One series that especially fascinated me was Record of Lodoss War. I loved to read the Chronicles of the Heroic Knight manga! I think that was the time when my obsession for elf characters started. I liked Deedlit's design so much that I decided to create a younger version of her: my very own "elf princess".
This is the picture that started everything, a oekaki I painted on an oekaki BBS that I visited daily back then. (Yes, she was blonde just like Deedo...)


2000

She had no name when I created her, so I asked the other users on the board which name she could receive. One girl suggested "Seyreene". I don't know what the name means, but for me it is very similar to the wird "serene", a bit like the name of Princess Serenity in Sailor Moon. ;)
And that is was she was to me - simply an elf princess. She had no background story at all, as I mostly enjoyed to design her costumes. Only now, in 2013, Seyreene is finally going to receive her unique and complex background story.
As time moved on Seyreene had been feautured on quite a lot of pictures. Here is a collection in chronological order, from the second-oldest to the newest picture of her.
 


2000 (click to view in larger size)
 
2001
2001
Then her design didn't change for quite some time. Seyreene had been neglected a bit until the year 2007. But then she received a massive overhaul of both her hair and costume design. From blonde to red, and from cute to sexy...
 
2007
2009
Well, and this is what Seyreene looks like in 2013. ´The look of her hair stayed the same, but her costume changed another time.
She has gone through a lot of radical changes over the past 13 years, hasn't she?
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment